Currently, there are 49 departments/graduate institutes that accept international students. Application deadlines for the fall and spring semesters are usually in March and November respectively. Academic program listings are updated annually. For specific information regarding each department ' s application deadlines and conditions, additional documents required, evaluation criteria, and other relevant information , please see the ＜Admission Prospectus for International Students＞, which is downloadable at NTNU Admission Prospectus for International Students.
Programs Open to International Students
Semester of Admission
Application Deadline for Admission
Beginning of Semester
End of Semester
Around March 15
Around October 31
＊Deadline/dates may vary. Please refer to the Chinese version of the Admission Prospectus for the latest updates.
●Application to Academic/Degree Programs：
To download the ＜Admission Prospectus for International Students＞, please visit NTNU Admission Prospectus for International Students.
1. Applicant Eligibility:
Anyone who falls outside the categories below is eligible to apply as an international student: citizens of the R.O.C. as defined in Article 2 of the Nationality Law, citizens of Hong Kong, Macau, and the People's Republic of China, as well as those who have previously studied in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese.
1. For admission to Bachelor Programs: High School diploma.
2. For admission to Master’s Programs: Bachelor’s degree.
3. For admission to Doctoral Programs: Master’s degree.
Note：【Article Two of the Nationality Law】
According to Article Two of the Nationality Law, a person who fits one or more of the following definitions is considered possessing the nationality of the Republic of China:
(1) A person whose father or mother was, at the time of his/her birth, a citizen of
the Republic of China. 【＊】
(2) A person born after the death of his/her father or mother, and whose parent was, at the time of death, a citizen of the Republic of China. 【＊】
(3) A person born in the territory of the Republic of China and whose parents are both unknown or are stateless.
(4) A naturalized citizen.
【＊】An individual born on or before February 9th, 1980 needs to consider only the nationality of his or her father.
2. Application Documents:
I. Required documents and materials:
(1) 3 hard copies of the on-line application form. (Please print it out after completing it on-line.)
(2) 3 two-inch passport photos. (Please attach one photo to each copy of the application form.)
(3) Proof of application fee payment: a receipt for an ROC post office remittance service or a receipt for a U.S. dollar wire transfer (original copies are required).
(4) A copy of your passport or other official Identification papers.
(5) 2 copies of the diploma for your highest academic degree.
(6) 2 copies of a Chinese or English translation of the diploma for your highest academic degree or the equivalent thereof. The diploma must be either:
A. authenticated by an ROC representative office in the country where the diploma was issued. Photocopies can be made after its authentication has been verified by the University.
B. mailed directly to the NTNU's Office of International Affairs, Division of Development, from the institution of higher learning that issued the diploma (must be an official copy) in a sealed envelope.
(7) 2 copies of a Chinese or English translation of your academic transcripts for your highest academic degree. The transcripts must be either:
A. authenticated by an ROC representative office in the country where the transcripts were issued. Photocopies can be made after authentication has been verified by the University.
B. mailed directly to the NTNU's Office of International Affairs, Division of Development, from the institution of higher learning that issued the transcripts (must be an official copy) in a sealed envelope.
*Please note that transcripts mailed directly to NTNU will not be returned. Additionally, no photocopies of said transcripts will be given out by the University.
(8) Financial statement：Please select one of the following methods of proof:
■ A financial statement authenticated by an ROC representative office in the country where the financial statement was issued.
■ A financial statement mailed directly from the issuing financial institution overseas to NTNU's Office of International Affairs, Division of Development, in a sealed envelope.
■ Proof of scholarship (must be for a scholarship which has already been granted to the applicant)
■ One photocopy of a financial statement from the most recent three months, issued by a domestic Taiwanese financial institution.
■ If the financial statement is not in the applicant's name, the holder of the financial statement must provide a sponsor’s financial guarantee (as in Attachment II, p.44). If this guarantee is issued by an overseas financial institution, then it must be authenticated by an ROC representative office in the country where the guarantee was issued.
(9) A self-addressed envelope (16cm x 23cm and above) for delivery of the notification. No postage is required.
(10) Documents required by specific departments or institutes:please refer to the Required Documents” and “Notes” listed under each department or institute in this prospectus.
※“ROC representative offices in the country” above refers to ROC embassies, consulates, representative offices, trade offices or other agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of ROC.
※Unless otherwise specified, application documents submitted shall not be returned.
II. Admission evaluation criteria: relevant regulations and documents required by specific departments or institutes: please refer to the “Required Documents” and “Notes” listed under each department or institute in this prospectus.
3. Application Time period:
FALL term：From the day of admission prospectus publication to March 15
SPRING term：From the day of admission prospectus publication to October 31
4. Application Submission:
Please apply on-line via the “International Student Admission” on the Office of International Affairs website (http://www.ntnu.edu.tw/oia). After completing the on-line application, application materials must either be mailed or delivered in-person to the Office of International Affairs.
Delivery by mail or in person: The envelope cover provided in this prospectus must be affixed to the front of ALL application envelopes regardless of delivery method. Mailed applications must be sent by express registered mail to the Office of International Affairs and be postmarked before the application deadline. Applications may also be hand delivered to the Division of Recruitment and Development, the Office of International Affairs located on 1F, Puzi building, Main Campus during: Monday through Friday, 09:00 to 17:00. Late applications will not be accepted.
5. Fees and Payment:
Bachelor program admission－NT$1,200 (US$50)
Master’s program admission－NT$1,500 (US$60)
Doctoral program admission－NT$3,000 (US$120)
★Art skill test fees: NT$2,000 (US$80) for Fine Arts applicants who are required to take the technical test
1. Domestic registration (This is usually called "electronic transfer" or "wiring". I've never heard it called "registration" before.)：Through the ROC post office remittance service.
Please enclose the receipt in the application package.
Account No:19142594 Account Name: 國立臺灣師範大學國際事務處
2. International registration (This is usually called "electronic transfer" or "wiring". I've never heard it called "registration" before.): Please select one of the following payment methods.（Do NOT send CASH）
(1) A Check in U.S. dollars：must be enclosed with the application form.
Pay to the order of National Taiwan Normal University
(2) A wire transfer in U.S. dollars：Please enclose the receipt in the
application package. For wiring details, please see below:
Beneficiary： National Taiwan Normal University 402U account
Beneficiary Account Number： 185331000005
Beneficiary Banking info：
CHINA TRUST COMMERCIAL BANK
Beneficiary Bank Address：
1F., No.71, Sec.4, Jhong-siao E.Rd.,
Da-an District, Taipei City 106, Taiwan ( R. O. C. )
Swift Code： CTCBTWTP
6. Admission Announcements
(1) Enrollment lists for different terms will be posted on-line according to the dates listed in this prospectus. This information is also available at:
Tel.: 886-2-7734-1274 Website: http://ap.itc.ntnu.edu.tw/istudent/apply/
(2) Apart from the on-line admission announcement, admitted students will also receive notification through express registered mail.